235 East 95th Street, Apt 23C • New York, NY 10128
917-902-9684 • firstname.lastname@example.org
Hands on architect with C-Suite communications experience combining a passion for problem solving in crisis conditions. My pragmatic approach is particularly effective in deploying real-time improvements in large, complex production environments. Experienced implementing “building the airplane in flight” and just-in-time engineering. In doing so, I have delivered a potent blend of successful leadership and strong hands-on technical skills.
I have more than 20 years experience in CIO and COO roles, as both a consultant and as a member of executive teams at start-ups and large organizations including IBM, Time Inc. Qello, BeyondtheRack, Accoona, Liberty Travel, iStockPhoto, MediaPort, DoubleClick, AIG and Information Builders.
- More than 10 years large scale cloud architecture: Cloud migration, Born On The Cloud, agile transformation / High Availability
- Under NDA consulted for several global companies on critical security issues.
- IBM Cloud, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Object store technologies · Cloud Computing, Grid applications & Storage
- Amazon (AWS) / EC2 HA infrastructure, design & Security · Hybrid, multi-vendor cloud solutions
- Developed Enterprise Cloud Data Security Standards · Distributed & grid computing
- Crisis management – technical, tactical and strategic · High performance Big Data analytics
- Developed enterprise solutions to solve real time crisis · Organizational Leadership
- Security & vulnerability assessment and refactoring · Cloud and operations transformation
- Developed several commercial databases: Network, SQL, NoSQL · Big Data, DevOps, Agile & Scrum
- SQL, NoSQL and Big Data analytics & management technologies · ETL, Real Time analytics, velocity tracking
- SaaS architecture, API’s, SOA, Binary integrations · Video, Media Streaming & DRM
- End-to-End ERP implementations & integration · High performance Big Data analytics
- Extreme volume, high-speed, scalable architectures · Mobile Development
- E-Commerce and Enterprise Architecture · Warehouse Automation
- Technology Strategy, Direction, and Roadmap · Large-scale heterogeneous modular designs
- Developed Root Kit level technologies · Object oriented DB -17K TPS on Pentium 3
- Business development and customer driven product development · Conversion of “pain points” to profitable products
- Refactoring multifunction legacy platforms and environments for security, scale, robust performance and agile function
- Extensive & successful experience at business turn-around for subsequent acquisition or other M&A
- Experienced with process, budget, P&L and operational restructuring.
- Budget, Process and Financial Controls, Investor presentations and financial models
Provide overall clarity and direction across all IBM cloud portfolio. Subject matter expert on public cloud technology. Focus on Cloud transformation in financial services sector, security, and compliance and secure cloud architecture. Currently building large transformation offerings for financial sector.
Developed cloud data security standards. Established unified authority for database management.
Developed a high volume video-streaming and management platform for mobile, IPTV and Web. Developed mobile applications now featured on a wide variety of media platforms from mobile to IPTV. Platform is also in white label use by several media companies.
- As consulting CIO for rapidly growing Montreal based Ecommerce company as it grew in staff from less than 30 to over 180 with Canada and US operations. Revenue grew from 150K a month to more than 150M a year. Rebuilt all processes to support transactional volume of more than 10M unique users an hour
- Implemented ERP platform (NetSuite) to manage merchandising, finance, warehouse and event planning
Brought in as COO/CIO to resolve out-of-control expenses and stalled product development issues plaguing a five-division B2B services company with $110M capitalization.
- Implemented tight financial controls in every unit, effective working capital models and centralized all operation resources. Reduced monthly cash burn by more than $1M
- Achieved profitability in Accoona’s money-losing $160M ecommerce group by consolidating four acquired companies and completely replacing IT systems and revamping the inventory and accounting processes.
- Cost-effectively launching the China division in accordance with Chinese investment laws.
Catalyzed business transformation at a global travel leader by re-energizing a next-generation business platform project that had suffered from significant delays and over-budget problems.
- Reorganized product management and technology groups.
- Redesigned the next-generation business platform to allow step-by-step delivery.
- To provide additional processing support, moved Liberty’s legacy mainframe systems to a modern architecture, allowing them to coexist with an evolving business model.
- Positioned the company for its 2007 acquisition by cutting expenses and delivering new platforms.
Developed, from the ground up, a world-class Internet advertising platform using advanced techniques to create behavioral targeting, psychographics, velocity tracking, yield targeting and analytical products that remain the standard of excellence today. Google acquired the DoubleClick platform in 2007.
Brought in to correct stalled transformation. Put new architecture back on plan and ported core UNISYS applications to scalable grid.
Built multi platform database and first OS/2 commercial app. Developed cross platform compilers, assemblers, p-code parsers and code generators. Developed cutting edge cross platform compilers, assemblers, p-code parsers and code generators, overlay loaders, and meta-code translation tools. IBM 360 Assembler emulation functions on other platforms. Sub 2K stateless assembler graphics exposed by API, or function call. Compilers, cross memory model stub loaders, link and overlay loaders and debuggers. Extensions for customer binary functions.